Trying to get rid of pimples (acne) is a process that is simple to do – but should be done properly. First thing you have to remember is to not touch the pimple and NEVER pop it, which could lead to an infection or, even worse, scarring. I know that we all have this instinct to touch and see if it is still there, and we somehow think that if we pop it it’ll disappear. This will actually make it stand out more on your face and could cause scarring or an infection.
Getting rid of acne isn’t that difficult, and here is the safest and easiest way to treat the symptoms of acne using universally accepted skin care techniques.
– You need to wash your hands thoroughly before you apply anything to your face and wash your face with a mild, medicated soap and warm water. Do not scrub your face – but be gentle and make sure that the water is not burning hot.
– It is best to wash your face with your hands instead of a washcloth because it can spread the bacteria around different parts of your face. Wash for up to 30 seconds.
– Use a soft towel to pat your skin dry and apply a salicylic acid topical cream or a benzoyl peroxide on the surface of the pimple.
– Once the treatment is dry apply a basic face moisturizer (it is best to use one that has been allergy tested, oil free, and fragrance free). If you do not moisturize the skin around the pimple can dry and possibly irritate your skin, making the pimple more noticeable and inflamed.
Other Great Tips:
– You can try rubbing sliced calamansi on the pimple to help it to dry out faster.
– To open the pores apply a warm washcloth on your face. Afterwards rub an ice cube all over your face to close the pores. This will help those of you who have unusually oily skin.
2 thoughts on “Trying To Get Rid Of Acne”
Sometimes the best way to get rid of acne or to help it to be less severe is just to have a healthy lifestyle. Many of the foods that we eat are greasy and we don’t do anything to exercise. This can make the problem worse for many of us.
I’ve learned a lot from this site – I hope you continue writing because I love your stuff!
Comments are closed.