Shopping is something that almost every women loves to do. I don’t know about most of you – but shopping allows me to release my pent up frustration and allow me to relax for at least a couple hours. I love having the ability to buy what I want and then showing it off to my husband and friends. None of us can deny the fact that we love getting new clothes.
Yet, you have to make sure that you are careful what you buy. It is true that you decide in the end what you want and don’t want – but there are certain guidelines to remember that can help you make it a little bit easier for you.
– It can be hard to choose what outfit – but if you try on one that you know is not flattering on you then you should put it aside right away. I don’t care how ‘trendy’ it is and that everyone is wearing it. If it doesn’t look good on you then it isn’t that important.
– Going shopping with your girlfriends is great and they can offer a lot of tips – but try to stay away from going out with someone you are always competing with. Most likely they will give you bad tips and try to get you to purchase clothes you don’t need and are not flattering.
– Try not to go clothes shopping when you are stressed for time because you don’t want to be rushed. When choosing clothes or shoes you have to choose the best and let’s be honest it takes us forever to decide.
– Never buy shoes that you know are going to kill your feet within the first half hour of your day. I know that they’re sexy and they go well with all your outfits – but is it really worth killing our feet?
– Just because it is on sale does not mean you have to automatically choose it. Only buy the clothes you absolutely love and you know you will use. Try not to waste any closet space.
– Remember to bring your shoes if you are shopping for a cocktail dress or evening gown. This helps in case you need alterations done at the store and allows you to perfectly match the shoes with the dress.